Wild Boar makes a great meatball and even a greater meatball submarine
Perfect for a hearty gourmet meal and irresistible for the the fast food foodie! And best of all, it’s easy to prepare.
- 6 oz Ground wild boar (for 1 submarine, 12 oz. for 2 subs)
- 1 small crusty baguette or large baguette cut to size
- 5 Cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Grilled (red) onions
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 2 tbsp marinara sauce
- 1 oz Goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander
- fresh parsley
- cayenne pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- Set oven to 400° F.
- Season the wild boar ground meat with pepper, 1 tbsp coriander, fresh parsley, cayenne pepper, minced garlic, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Divide the meat into three equal portions and form meatballs.
- Set a skillet on medium heat and lightly spray with your choice of oil. Toss in the red onions and saute.
- Add the meatballs to the skillet with red onions and cook the meatballs until they are fully cooked.
- Slice the baguette down the middle, scoop out some of the bread to give space to the filling, brush with some butter and pop into the oven for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and add meatballs. Drizzle with 2 tbsp marinara and sprinkle goat cheese. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place around the meatballs and add fresh parsley.
Enjoy with sweet potato fries and a pickle.
Calories per serving: 355