Wild Boar Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is an easy and tasty recipe.
You can make it on the barbecue, an indoor grill or in a fry pan.
This recipe is brought to you by Carrie Sayers, Sayers Catering
- 1 lb. 21-24 Shrimp-uncooked-peeled and Tooth picks or Kebab skewers (don’t forget to soak in water if using bamboo)
- 1/4 lb. Wild Boar Bacon cut into 1/2″ wide strips x 2″ long.
Marinade and Finish Sauce Marinade
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil 2 T. Soy Sauce
- 1 T. Sherry Vinegar 1/4 cup Chili Sauce
- Juice of 1 Orange & orange zest)
- 1 T. Minced Garlic 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
Whisk together marinade and toss in shrimp coating evenly. Marinade for at least 1 hour, however no more than 3. Wrap each shrimp around the middle with a strip of wild boar bacon and either skewer with a tooth pick (if using a grilling pan) or kebab skewer if using the grill (preferable method – toss in some mesquite chips too for extra flavour). Grill for approximately 5 minutes on the first side and 3 on the second side. Remove from the grill or grill pan and while the shrimp are resting.
- 1/4 cup Raspberry Jam (seedless) Chopped Fresh Parsley
Melt the raspberry jam in the microwave for approximately 50-60 seconds and, with a spoon, drizzle over the shrimp and sprinkle with the parsley for garnish. Serve immediately and enjoy!