This Quail Recipe incorporated Apricot Jelly and Brandy to Bring a Heavenly Mixture of Flavours to Wow Your Tastebuds.
A Wonderful and Delicious Meal to Impress Your Guests.
Recipe for Quail with Apricot Jelly and Brandy
Yield 2-4 Servings
For Game Lovers!
From the farm to your table. Quail is a tasty alternative to chicken. It's high in protein, Our quail is raised to ensure quality and fed a well-balanced feed. There are no added hormones**, steroid or growth stimulants. Our Quail delivers superior taste and texture at an affordable price. It's a great alternative for the discriminating consumer who won't sacrifice taste and quality.
- 4 Quail, split in halves
- 1 stick of butter
- 3⁄4 cup apricot jelly
- 2 tbsp Brandy
- Salt to taste
- Cut quail into serving pieces, using breasts only (breasts and legs if you wish).
- Brown slowly in 1/2 of butter for about 1/2 hour. When nicely browned on all sides, push to one side and add currant or apricot jelly to the drippings.
- Add remainder of butter, pinch of salt, and stir well.When sauce is well blended, spread the browned pieces of quail out again and baste with sauce.
- Cover and let simmer until meat is tender. Skim off fat and add brandy to mixture.
- Stir in brandy until fully heated and serve.
Makes 2-4 servings.
Serving Size 1/2 cup (112 gr)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 30 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Unsaturated Fat -3 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 60 mg
Protein 25 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.