These easy roast bison sandwich recipes are one of the best ways to deal with winter.
Bison meat is low in fat, high in protein and a great way to warm your innards on those icy cold days of winter.
Here in Canada where the winters are long and cold, the best way to spend an afternoon or evening is being with friends and family.
These recipes are so easy and delicious.
Sit around the fire playing board games, watch a movie, or just enjoy each others’ company while chowing down on healthy all natural Bison Meat from Northfork Bison.
This recipe for BBQ Bison roast makes an ordinary meal into a taste explosion.
The roasting meat aroma makes your home so cosy, delicious and comfy.
And its so easy to prepare. BUT you need time. That’s why its a great winter weekend meal.
- Bison chuck roast (4 lbs)
- Cooking Method
Pat the sides of a chuck roast with brown sugar. Wrap in foil and cook it 10 hours at 225°-250° F. Separate into large chunks (keep juice)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tbs. mustard
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 1 onion sliced
- Combine sauce ingredients in a large pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cooking juices from roast and marinate meat for 4 hours.
- Reheat until warm.
- Serve on french roll or toasted, buttered buns and top with grated cheese.
Try our Philly-Style Cheese Steaks recipe too
Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- 1 lb. Bison flank steak, fat removed
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 hoagie or Italian rolls, split
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook steaks 2 minutes (or until desired doneness) in a 10 inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. turning once.
- Remove steaks, keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add soup mix and blend with 1/2 cup water.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Return steaks to skillet an cook 1 minute or until heated through.
- Thinly slice steaks on an angle.
- Serve on rolls and top with sauce and cheese
Bison French Dip Sandwiches
- 1 Bison roast (about 3 lbs)
- 1 pkg. onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Place roast in a cooking bag or dutch oven. Sprinkle soup mix over top.
- Pour water over all, making certain that the mx is not washed off the top of the roast.
- Place in 275°fF oven until cooked to suit your taste (do not overcook). Be certain to cover tightly.
- A delicious juice will form.
- Thicken the juice with cornstarch for gravy or serve as is.
- Slice roast thinly and serve on a French roll with a gravy on the side.
Serves 6 to 8
Try these bison sandwich recipes. Tell us what you think. We would love to hear from you.
Send us a photo of your sandwich and we’ll put it up on our Facebook page.