Here are the Best Bison burger tips and tricks that will lead you on the road to becoming the ultimate backyard burger chef.
We love Bison. It’s lean, but not dry, high in protein, low in cholesterol, naturally raised so NO antibiotics, NO hormones and NO steroids.
Bison meat is really healthy to eat. It’s lean so your patty won’t shrink like fatty cow burgers do!
Here are some tips to make your bison burger the talk of the town.
- Oil your hands first just slightly so the meat doesn’t stick to them.
- Form each portion sized patty quickly with your oiled hands, try to keep each patty the same size so they cook at the same rate
- Make them slightly larger than the bun you will put them on.
- Press your thumb into the center of each patty to make an indent. This will keep them from bulging up in the middle while grilling.
- Grill the meat over a medium heat so the burgers get a chance to cook on the inside without getting charred on the outside
- Flip the burger over when it easily separated from the grill
- Try to restrain from squishing it down on the grill with your spatula, this will let the juices out and cause a flare up on the BBQ
- When ready, put them on a new plate with a clean spatula. Keep the cooking plates from contaminating the cooked meat.
Here are some topping suggestions: pickles, relish, ketchup, grilled eggplant, sautéed mushrooms, grilled red peppers, hot chili peppers, onions to name a few!
enjoy! If you want to add salt, I suggest you add it just before cooking and not too much because it tends to dry out the meat.