This is a really easy meat sauce recipe but it is so tasty. It’s so tasty I’m sure it will become a family favourite .
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1 and 1/2 hours or longer
- 1 pound of bison ground meat
- 1 small onion or a half a large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic smashed, or to taste (you can’t ever have too much garlic)
- 1 can of Catelli tomato sauce with basil (if you don’t have Catelli Brand, use your favourite sauce)
- about 1 teaspoon of Salt or to taste (I don’t like using too much salt)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
Heat up a small amount of vegetable oil in a skillet about 2 tablespoons
Sauté the diced onions until they become translucent
Mix the bison meat into the hot skillet
Stir it to break up the meat so that there are no clumps
When the bison meat turns brown add the can of tomato sauce
Add the smashed garlic cloves and seasoning
Stir and cover on low heat for 1 hour
Taste and adjust seasonings
This meal is great the next day too, and is good to freeze. That’s all there is to it.
Delicious with fresh garlic bread, a spinach salad and a glass of red wine. Perhaps A Chianti or a simple merlot.
Makes 4 servings.
Double the recipe to make 8 servings