Roast Elk in Beer Sauce is a simple and elegant meal to serve guests and family at any gathering.
It’s just as easy to cook an elk or bison roast as it is to cook beef. Just watch the time. Bison and wild game cook much faster. A bison or wild game roast makes for an elegant presentation and is perfect when you have a small gathering.
If you are not serving turkey this holiday season, try a tasty alternative. Northfork Bison has delectable bison, elk and wild boar roasts. Just pop them in the oven and create a masterpiece for the center of your table.
Roasted Elk in Beer
Yield 4 Servings
Simple and elegant, this meal is a nice change from turkey or chicken.
- 1 elk roast or chuck 3 - 4 lbs
- 1 onion sliced
- ½ cup chili sauce
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 or more cloves of garlic
- 12 oz. beer, more if necessary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the roast in a 9 x 13 dish. Cover with onion rings.
- In a bowl, combine chili sauce, brown sugar, garlic and beer, pour over meat.
- Cover and bake at 350 ° F. For 3 ½ to 4 hours.
Leftovers are delicious in sandwiches with BBQ sauce.