Recipe for Wild Boar Stew With Artichokes
Time Prep: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes or until tender
- 20 oz. wild boar cubes
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1 cup ketchup or chili sauce
- 1 leek sliced
- 2 carrots cut in slices
- 3 cups stock or broth
- 2 cups potatoes cut in pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbs. dried thyme
- 12 artichoke hearts cut in two
- 1 diced tomato
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan, heat oil, melt butter, Brown cubes on all sides
- Add vegetables, continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add stock or broth, potatoes, bay leaf and thyme, Season to taste and cook on low heat, covered 15 to 20 minutes or until cubes are tender.
- Add artichoke hearts and continue cooking another 10 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, season to taste and serve immediately with fresh bread.
- Suitable methods for cooking filets and steaks include pan–frying, sautéing, grilling, broiling, baking, and stir–frying. It is best to use a non stick pan and/or cooking spray. Special care should be taken not to overcook the meat. An internal temperature of 145 degrees is recommended for filets and steaks and 160 degrees for ground wild boar.
Recipe courtesy of naturalfrontierfoods.com