Quick and Easy Skillet Meal with Ostrich
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cook Time: About 45 minutes
- 10 oz. Ground Ostrich
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons beef broth or water
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 18 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup uncooked rice
- Sauté meat in a non-stick skillet until browned, drain liquid, set aside.
- Sauté onion in broth or water in same skillet until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and meat. Cover and simmer 35 minutes or until rice is tender.
Makes 6 servings.