Prepare wild boar for cooking by slowly thawing the meat in the refrigerator overnight for best results. Wild boar is a lean meat that should , as a rule, be cooked at lower temperatures than other meats. Always check frequently so as not to overcook.
- 4 wild boar steaks
- 1 tbs. oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1½ finely chopped red onions
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup grenadine syrup or other to taste ( raspberry, red currant, black currant…)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a pan heat oil and melt butter on medium heat
- Caramelize onions 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently, or until onions are golden
- Deglaze with wine and reduce by half.
- Add syrup and season to taste. Continue cooking 5 minutes on medium heat until liquid thickens
- Meanwhile, cook strip loin on preheated grill or in skillet until cooked to taste and serve with stewed onions