This meal is quick and easy! Your family will love this delicious alternative to beef. Seasoning with lemon and thyme turns mixed vegetables and grilled ostrich steak into a contemporary, convenient choice that satisfies every time.
Total prep time 30 minutes!
- 4–4 oz. Ostrich Filets
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 package (1 lb.) frozen vegetable mixture
- (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In small bowl, combine seasoning ingredients; mix well. Remove 1 tablespoon seasoning; press evenly into both sides of ostrich filets. Stir butter, lemon juice and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt into remaining seasoning in bowl; set aside.
- Place filets on grill over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, 2–3 minutes per side turning once. Since ostrich is naturally low in fat, it is best not to overcook as it tends to dry out.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables according to package directions. Combine vegetables and reserved butter mixture; toss to coat.
- Carve filets crosswise into thick slices; season with salt as desired. Serve with vegetables.
Makes 4 servings.