Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 1 and 1/2 hours or longer
This is a really easy meat sauce recipe but it is so tasty. It’s so tasty I’m sure it will become a family favourite .
- 454 g (1 lb) of bison ground meat
- 1 small onion or a half a large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic smashed, or to taste (you can’t ever have too much garlic)
- 1 can of Catelli tomato sauce with basil (if you don’t have Catelli Brand, use your favourite sauce)
- about 1 teaspoon of Salt or to taste (I don’t like using too much salt)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Heat up a small amount of vegetable oil in a skillet about 2 tablespoons
- Sauté the diced onions until they become translucent
- Mix the bison meat into the hot skillet
- Stir it to break up the meat so that there are no clumps
- When the bison meat turns brown add the can of tomato sauce
- Add the smashed garlic cloves and seasoning
- Stir and cover on low heat for 1 hour
- Taste and adjust seasonings
- This meal is great the next day too, and is good to freeze. That’s all there is to it.
- Delicious with fresh garlic bread, a spinach salad and a glass of red wine. Perhaps A Chianti or a simple merlot.
Makes 4 servings.
Double the recipe to make 8 servings