Making kebabs on the barbecue is a great way to stretch the bison sirloin steak meal to accommodate more people.
Nothing is better than enjoying good food, good company and Northfork steaks and burgers. The backyard barbecue is an ultimate way to enjoy all 3.
These kebabs are a tasty way to combine your vegetables and your protein in one. Bison steak is healthy. it’s low in cholesterol and high in protein and iron. Northfork bison and other game meats contain NO antibiotics, NO hormones, and NO steroids.
- 2 cups (500 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 11/4 cups (310 ml) diced shallots
- 1/2cup (125 ml) canola oil
- 1.4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) liquid honey
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) salt
- ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) fresh ground pepper
- 2 lb. bison top sirloin steaks cut into 11/2 inch (4 cm) cubes
- 10 bamboo skewers
- 20 bell pepper pieces (11/2 inch /4 cm)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 red onion pieces (11/2inch/4 cm)
- 5 mushrooms, halved lengthwise
to prepare the marinade
- place parsley, shallots, oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey Sriracha sauce, salt and pepper in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Divide marinade in half
- Refrigerate one half to serve with the kebabs.
- Divide the remaining marinade between two large ziplock bags
- Add the meat between the two bags, seal and refrigerate for at least 4 hours but no longer than 24 hours
- Soak skewers in water for 20 minutes
- Remove meat from the marinade and discard marinade
- Thread the meat and vegetables alternately onto the soaked skewers.
- Grill kebabs over medium heat on the barbecue, turning occasionally, until meat is desired doneness and vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes a side for rare to medium rare
- Serve the kebabs with the reserve marinade for dipping.
This is a great dish for a backyard barbecue. Serve with potato salad and coleslaw
Some say that charcoal grilling is by far the tastiest method for grilling any kind of meat. Many people shy away from this method of grilling. Read our article on charcoal grilling for loads of information on everything from briquettes, charcoal to chimney starters. Click here for information