Holiday meal planning using elk and bison medallions.
Prep time : 2 hours.
Cook time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4 people
- 4 bison or elk medallions
- 250 ml (1 cup) light white wine
- 1 shallots , chopped
- 1 stalk of thyme
- Salt and pepper freshly ground
- Butter and oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) de chicken, veal or beef stock (elk, or bison stock is even better)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) dried cranberries
- 60 ml (¼ cup) 35 % cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the medallions in the wine and shallots for 2 hours
- Remove the elk or bison medallions (reserve some of the marinade), dry the medallions and saute them in the oil and butter mixture
- Cook 3 – 5 minutes per side. Place on a plate and cover
- Pour the reserved marinade into the saucepan, and heat on high heat.
- add the stock and cranberries and reduce the liquid by half. Add the cream, bring the sauce to the desired consistency and correct the seasoning to your taste.
Bison and elk medallions make for an easy and elegant meal. And of course our bison and elk are all natural. We use no additives of any kind. Eating healthy never tasted so good! Order online to make life even easier. We deliver to your door. Have a question? Just drop us a line and we will be happy to answer.
Try our many other wild game recipes. For more information on cooking with elk an bison see our bison cooking tips. Bison and elk meat are very similar as they are lean and require much less cook time.