Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
This Applewood smoked meat sandwich is fast and easy to put together. Use our ready made smoked meat, or cooked strip steaks from elk or bison meat and of course wild boar.
Try it with bacon, any kind of barbecue sauce and crunchy apple slaw.
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1 cup deli-style shredded coleslaw blend
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup julienne-sliced Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 Kaiser rolls, sliced, toasted
- 1 lb. Smoked bison meat
- 4 slices Applewood-Smoked bacon, crisp
- Combine cider and barbecue sauce in saucepan; simmer until reduced to thick barbecue sauce consistency.
- Combine coleslaw blend, green onions, apples, mayonnaise, cider vinegar and mayonnaise in bowl and toss to blend.
- Layer smoked pork or chicken evenly on bottom halves of Kaiser rolls; top evenly with bacon, cider barbecue sauce and apple slaw.
- Close sandwiches with top halves of rolls. Serve warm.
- Serves 4