If you are not serving turkey this holiday season, try a tasty alternative. Northfork Bison has delectable bison, elk and wild boar roasts. Just pop them in the oven and create a masterpiece for the center of your table.
Simple and elegant, this meal is a nice change from turkey or chicken.
Roasted Elk in Beer
- 1 elk roast or chuck 3 – 4 lbs
- 1 onion sliced
- ½ cup chili sauce
- 2 c. tbs brown sugar
- 1 or more cloves of garlic
- 12 oz. beer, more if necessary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the roast in a 9 x 13 dish. Cover with onion rings.
- In a bowl, combine chili sauce, brown sugar, garlic and beer, pour over meat.
- Cover and bake at 350 ° F. For 3 ½ to 4 hours.
Note: Leftovers are delicious in sandwiches with BBQ sauce.