How much iron does bison have as compared to beef? Here are the FACTS:
Bison meat is rich in iron, proteins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids.
Bison Meat has:
- Iron: carries oxygen through the body
- Zinc: helps immune system, hair and skin health and overall cell function
- Niacin: helps convert food into energy for the body – all at the cellular level
- Vitamin B6: of for physical and even mental health
- Selenium: helps prevent cellular damage from free radical
Bison is one of the leanest meats and still has a lot of protein. It is a much darker colour than beef because it is so lean. I has a rich flavour, much tastier than beef.
A 3.5-ounce serving of bison typically has just 1 to 3 grams of fat less than the same amount of beef.
Iron is important especially for women, many of whom just don’t get enough of it naturally in their diet.
For more information click on best sources of iron